Yesterday another BMW Z4 prototype was spied testing, however, this one’s different – we’ve got some interior shots and a very telling piece of paper.
The first thing you notice is the infotainment – there’s a big iDrive display placed above the dashboard, with a controller down below. However, most of the dashboard is covered up so we can’t see much, but there is something very telling inside – taped to the right side of the dash is a description sheet written in German.
This sheet tells us a few, very interesting things:
- The new Z4 will be coded G29.
- The model spied is the ‘s20i’ variant,
- The s20i will come with a 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder producing 145kW and 320Nm
- The s20i will be paired with a six speed manual.
- The Z4 will be rear wheel drive.
- The Z4 could possibly start production on the 18th of November, 2017.
Overall, this is really interesting news. I would expect the s20i to be the base variant, and 145kW is pretty reasonable for that. I can’t wait to see what Toyota makes of this car with their Supra. What do you guys think? Let me know down below!